Sunday 26 October 2014

PSV Match, Viaduct Campbell, 26/10/14

Today is a very short blog from me.

A lack of enthusiasm was obvious when I got out of bed, I actually went to bed at 8:15 last night, which probably didn't help. Anyways I chugged the 'long way' to Viaduct this morning as the usual 7-bends road is closed for a few weeks. A 40mph dawdle saw me arrive in plenty of time.

I unloaded the car, chatted to a few guys and waited for the draw. Golden peg was drawn as p123, top silvers peg, most commented that the money would roll over. I fancied pegs 123 to 128 or maybe 118 or 119.
I drew, yet again for the umpteenth time, peg 130. My enthusiasm didn't grow as the peg isn't the best, especially when 129 is in, that peg tends to stop the fish drifting down to pegs 130, 131 and 132. The same happens to peg 111 if 112 is in along with 129. Though peg 110 in the corner always has resident fish along the brambles and is good for a few carp.

I set up a lead rod, a shallow (unused) rig, a rig for the margins left and right (maggot/meat over dead mags and groundbait), a rig for 2+2 with meat over hemp and a 13m line rig with banded 8mm the choice of bait.
For company I had Will Dearlove, who'd got his better half's permission to fish. Down on p132 was Adam Caswell, and he didn't need to borrow anything this week.

I started on the lead, not an indication after 40 minutes. Onto the long pole line. 1 roach in the next 3/4s of an hour. Onto my meat line, a tench and a carp, 2 lost carp and a couple small skimmers followed over the next hour.
Elsewhere Will was happily landing a third of what he hooked and was doing well, Mark Radford opposite me on peg 111 was doing as poor as me, as was Adam down on p132.
Chris Szakcas on peg 110 was picking up the odd fish as was Steve Wynne on peg 112.
Further up the lake it seemed a different story with plenty of fish being caught, especially your Ryan Radford on golden peg 123, he'd gone into the pools too.....!!

That pretty much sums up my match, 1 more carp and a couple skimmers over the next 2hrs saw me call it a day an hour before the end, so at 3pm I left early (I was gonna pack up at 12:30, but stuck to it). I only had around 20 bites, landing 2 carp, 4 skimmers upto 3lb, a tench and maybe 10 rudd/roach. I lost 2 carp and a skimmer.
Will Dearlove was doing very well on p129, that was pretty much it down this end of the lake, though Chris on p110 was getting odd fish, but not getting loads. Mark, opposite wasn't getting much, or Adam neither. The windier pegs further up the lake were the pegs to be.

So I arrived home to watch the United v Chelsea put on an entertaining game.

Results: (pinched from the PSV facebook page)
1. Ryan Radford (123)* ... 161-0
2. Brian Shanks (115) ... 134-12
3. Will Dearlove (129) ... 125-8
4. Steve Burgess (125) ... 113-13
5. Ron Hardiman (116) ... 106-8

Silvers:
...
1. Lee Waller (127) ... 18-2
2. Colin Butler (128) ... 15-2

*golden peg


Next up for me, I think, is a match down at Landsend with the PSV crew again.

Until then, take care.

Lee.

ps...a boxless pic of my usual Campbell peg.

Campbell peg 130, Viaduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment